Belly Laugh Day 2023: When is Belly Laugh Day 2023 & 2024?
Below you can find dates of Belly Laugh Day 2023 and Belly Laugh Day 2024. In the table you can check how many days you have been on holiday, which week is the holiday and which day of the month.
|When is ..?||Date||Day of the week||Week Number||Day left|
|Belly Laugh Day 2022||January 24, 2022||Monday||04||Passed|
|Belly Laugh Day 2023||January 24, 2023||Tuesday||04||361|
|Belly Laugh Day 2024||January 24, 2024||Wednesday||04||726|
|Belly Laugh Day 2025||January 24, 2025||Friday||04||1092|
|Belly Laugh Day 2026||January 24, 2026||Saturday||04||1457|
|Belly Laugh Day 2027||January 24, 2027||Sunday||03||1822|
|Belly Laugh Day 2028||January 24, 2028||Monday||04||2187|
|Belly Laugh Day 2029||January 24, 2029||Wednesday||04||2553|
|Belly Laugh Day 2030||January 24, 2030||Thursday||04||2918|
|Belly Laugh Day 2031||January 24, 2031||Friday||04||3283|
|Belly Laugh Day 2032||January 24, 2032||Saturday||04||3648|
Belly Laugh Day
Belly Laugh Day also known as Global Belly Laugh Day is celebrated annually always on January 24th at precisely 1:24 p.m. local time. Belly Laugh Day was created to give people who have survived hard times a chance to laugh and be happy, and to give those in mourning an excuse to be happy for a day.
Everybody knows that laughter feels good. And the good feeling we're laughing is with us even after the laughter is over. Humor helps us maintain a positive, optimistic perspective through difficult situations, frustrations and losses. Beyond a postponement free of sadness and pain, laughter gives us the power to find new sources of meaning and hope. Even in the most difficult times, a laugh or even a smile can go a long way to make us feel better. And laughter is really contagious - just seeing the laughter prepares our brain and we get ready to smile and join the fun. That’s because while we’re laughing, anxiety and anger fade away. Laughter also increases creativity, optimism and energy. It elevates mood, self-esteem and joy.
Laughter can provide hope and courage during difficult times. It’s also known to be contagious, and it has many social benefits, including: stronger bonds between family and friends and enhanced teamwork.
Belly Laugh Day Background
World Laughter Day was first celebrated on January 10, 1998, in Mumbai, India. It was organized by Dr. Madan Kataria, founder of laughter yoga. Inspired by the facial feedback hypothesis, laughter yoga is a practice that aims to improve mood and well-being by making participants laugh together in groups, eventually becoming truly self-laughing together. For this reason, the world laughter day is a day aimed at achieving world peace with laughter. The day is for laughter to promote global brotherhood and peace.
Indian physician Madan Kataria is the founder of Laughter Yoga, a practice that combines yogic breathing with unconditional laughter. Dr. Clifford C. Kuhn (as known as the “Laugh Doctor”) uses the healing power of humor in his patented HA HA HA Prescription and the Ten Commandments of Fun. Dr. Paul McGhee, president of The Laughter Remedy, pioneered research for humor in the healthcare environment. “Mirthologist” Steven M. Sultanoff, Ph.D incorporates humor in his psychology practice. Nurse Patty Wooten has made a living for more than 20 years studying and sharing how humor and laughter provide therapeutic benefits. (Read more)
All these esteemed scientists have sought to adapt the healing effect of laughter to their field of work, and to include the benefits of laughter to communities and people in their research.
Belly Laugh Day Celebrations
On national Belly Laugh day, participants laugh, often for no reason. It is meant to promote health, well-being and world peace through a brotherhood of laughter. There are four goals for Belly Laugh Day, to celebrate and remember past laughter, to connect with others via laughing, to remember the importance of laughs and smiles and to gain the health benefits of smiling and laughing. Because laughter is the best medicine.
A belly laugh triggers a bit of endorphin as it jiggles your innards, so it's the safe way to get it. Your brain does not reward you with endorphin when you laugh artificially. Only a real belly laugh works. And starting with acting or pretending is the best way to start a real belly laugh for no reason.
Belly Laugh Day Customs and Traditions
It is today's most important tradition to put a big smile on the face, laugh as cheerfully as possible and using the whole body, when everyone's time is 1:24, according to local time. The result is certain to make you and those around you feel better. The other important point is that this great laugh is made with as many people as possible. Bringing a group of friends in a public place and laughing as a group is a great celebration. Laughing with joy is an action that everyone will be happy to do and to witness!
Here are some other suggestions to “celebrate” Belly Laugh Day:
- See comedies in theatre, television, or any other medium of entertainment.
- Surround yourself with cheerful and optimistic people to become a happy person
- Play with a family pet. Pets are play professionals.
- Spend time with your children. The laughs will come naturally.
- Act silly, intentionally. Enjoy a laugh at your own expense.
- Tickling is a much more enjoyable activity for a tickler, but you can still use your tickling "gun" to make anyone laugh and make you laugh.
- Watch videos, programs or shows that are sure to make you laugh with laughter. Do this activity collectively. May your house be filled with laughter.
- Find something that makes you smile.
Belly Laugh Day Facts
- People’s belly laughing is also inextricably combined with communication. A cheerful society provokes us to do this, but in solitude we laugh 30 times less often. Moreover, by it, you can determine whether you like the person you are talking to.
- Laughing affects positively various systems of our body. It can stimulate our body’s ability to manage stress and fight many diseases. The benefits of tittering include prevention and control of high blood pressure, numerous heart diseases, anxiety, depression, insomnia, and allergies. Patients suffering from cancer also respond better and live longer if regular treatment is supplemented with positive thinking and laughter.
- Men with a good sense of humor seem smarter to women. It is believed that a sense of humor is more characteristic of men than of women and the main merit in this belongs to the male sex hormone testosterone.
- 10-15 minutes of laughter is enough to burn the number of calories that is equivalent to a medium-sized chocolate bar. According to various studies, people who giggle 15 minutes a day can burn 2 kg of fat a year.
- Japanese researchers discovered that laughing in the evening encourages the body to produce more melatonin. That's why they suggest watching a funny program or a movie before going to sleep.
- Connecting the left and right hemispheres, laugh activates the limbic system of the brain, connecting the left and right hemispheres. Moreover, it is beneficial for your memory.
- Laughter has the feature of loosening the muscles in the body: especially on the muscles of the face, neck, shoulder and abdomen. When laughter is not controlled, this creates a contraction effect, helping to relax muscle tension and regulate breathing.
- Laughing is one of the best health benefits against diabetes. A study of 19 diabetic patients in 2012 revealed that laughter helps reduce blood sugar by improving glucose excretion in the presence of inadequate insulin after meal.
- Laughing is said to be a hypothetical knife that relieves tension and causes people to relax. Laughing reduces the level of stress hormones and relaxes muscles, while people become more calm and less aggressive.
- Scientists from the University of Maryland showed people comedies and watched how their blood circulation changed. It turned out that the action causes an expansion of the inner shell of blood vessels, and this helps improve the movement of blood through them.
Belly Laugh Day Symbols
The Global Belly Laugh Day symbol is a smiling sun with seven rays and dimples with the numbers 1 and 24. People also use any symbols of smiling or laughing in decoration, activities and foods.
Here are the suggestions for putting some Belly Laugh Day symbols around:
- It is a good idea to decorate the houses with the Belly Laugh Day logo or Smiley Faces
- You may also use some pictures of people having fun, laughing and with big smiles
- Serving “Smile Face” foods would also be a good idea,
- Cooking lot of desserts make anyone happy and smile
- You may prepare and serve some “funny” foods like corn dogs, beef jerky, s’mores and Ding Dongs or go with the unusual such as chicken lips, frog legs/alligator, cactus, etc.
- You can make a play list of songs with the words laugh, smile, happy, funny, sun, silly
- For the group activities in Belly Laugh Day, each person may tell a story about the funniest thing that ever happened to them
- Even if you remember someone who recently passed away, you may share stories of how they made you laugh
- Watching some old cartoons would be a good and nostalgic idea
- Play the old “Gigglebelly” game (Have everyone lie down so that each person has his or her head on another person’s belly. One person starts by saying “Ha!” The one whose head is on that person’s belly should then say “Ha! Ha!”, the third should say “Ha! Ha! Ha!” and so on.)
- And of course, set your time to 1:24pm for everyone is throwing the arms in the air and laughing out loud.
If you still think this will look weird and stupid, all you have to do is try. But only you can see it if you experience it. This is one of the greatest gifts of Belly Laugh Day. Making people laugh for no reason and then making everyone laugh for real. That encouragement is very valuable. Belly Laugh Day's biggest celebration and achievement is just remembering to laugh, thinking about things to laugh, laughing loudly and heartily, thanking that we can laugh with health and promising to repeat it often.
Check out the Belly Laugh Day in the following years.